Our expectation is that you will take the steps necessary to do what you say you are going to do and be accountable for your actions. In other words, live “Above the Line.”
We are looking for a skilled Cook to prepare delicious meals according to menu. You will cook dishes that will delight our customers with their taste and timely delivery.
An excellent cook must be able to follow instructions in cooking and delivering well-prepared meals. They must be deft in moving around the kitchen and apt in multi-tasking. Experience in using various ingredients and cooking techniques is also important.
- Setting up, cleaning, and organizing workstations
- Preparing ingredients for the shift; washing vegetables, chopping, seasoning meat, etc.
- Preparing oven, utensils, and grill for shift
- Taking orders from wait staff or computerized system
- Cooking order according to food health and safety standards
- Recommending ideas for specials or seasonal dishes
- Handling multiple food orders at one time
- Monitoring multiple food orders as new orders arrive
- Dressing order for presentation
- Ensuring each guest order has the correct food and sides
- Delivering food order to wait staff in a timely manner
- Storing all food properly
- Sanitizing and cleaning workstations and utensils
- Reordering stock and food supplies
- Monitoring other cooks and team members
- Assisting other cooks in preparing food or helping other team members when needed
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Physical endurance to stand for an entire shift
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Works well as part of a team and on individual tasks
- Able to quickly memorize complex or multiple orders
- High school degree or equivalent
- Previous experience as a busboy, washer, waiter, cook, or relevant work experience
- Able to work mornings, nights, and weekends
- Able to bend, move, and lift up to 25 pounds or more
- Physically able to stand and move during the length of shift; able to bend and kneel through shift; able to lift up to 25 pounds or more
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Who We Are
Meddys is a polished fast casual restaurant offering excellent and guilt-free Mediterranean selections at affordable prices. In 2014, we opened our first location in Wichita, KS by providing our community with delightful dining experiences. Our friendly staff serves mouthwatering dishes in a relaxed, modern atmosphere.
At Meddys, freshness and hospitality are at the heart of what we do. Every dish is made to order using only the freshest ingredients. We go the extra mile to provide you, your family, and your friends an exceptional dining experience.
Today we serve the most delicious hummus, shawarmas, platters, and signature cocktails at locations in Wichita, KS, and the Kansas City Metropolitan Area. So, indulge in healthy, flavorful meals and feel the good vibes at a Meddys branch near you.
“To become the employer of choice while maintaining desired profitability targets.”
To build an organization comprised of a team of “A” players who work in unison for a common objective,
hold each other accountable, gets stuff done, and are proud of their results.”
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)
Or apply here.